Moderation Management (MM) is a program and a national support group that was designed for those who have alcohol-related issues and wants to create positive changes in their way of life. This is a kind of support system that will pursue and talk about exactly what will take place if you taken alcoholic drinks constantly and assist people take such problem.
In 1994, Audrey Kishline, the Moderation Management founder established this type of support system in conjunction to the Alcoholic Anonymous program. She was able to complete her studies and still have a job though she have problems with drinking. In addition, withdrawal signs were not felt by her.
On the other hand, here are several of the benefits if you choose moderation management.
‘¢ Individuals will be exposed to a comforting surroundings exactly where they can acquire proper social support with regards to their drinking problems. This will also enable them to be determined and be urged in winning this fight against alcohol drinking to avoid major issues.
‘¢ They will give you the entire details about the nine step program concerning alcohol like moderate drinking methods and constraints, monitored drinking exercises, goal setting and methods on self-management.
‘¢ Lastly, as a main part of the program, members also use the nine steps to have the balance and moderation in other areas of their lives; one step at a time.
In Moderation Management program, there is only one goal-responsible drinking. The members will be given support, and also will be given on effective approaches in boosting their decision making with regards to alcohol consumption. To help them attain this goal, the participants should be ready to finish the 9 steps.
The Nine Steps toward Moderation and Positive Changes in Way of living
1. Learn more about MM program by attending online groups and meetings.
2. Avoid drinking alcohol for 30 days and complete the steps during that month.
3. Meditate and think about the effects of drinking and just how your life is impacted by it.
4. List down your priorities in life and rank them according to their importance.
5. Be attentive concerning your alcohol consumption as well as its effect.
6. Studying the MM limits approximately alcohol is necessary.
7. To attain your goal; you have to limit the volume of alcohol that you are about to take.
8. Check your drinking status by reviewing your progress, and also you can add more or change your objectives.
9. Continue to have an active lifestyle. You may also want to carry on going to meetings and motivate new members.
The approach utilized by Moderation Management meetings are categorized and nonjudgemental. All participants are free to open and share their experiences as they continue to fight really hard, and they can also seek help as well. Having this open communication permits other members to open up, therefore pushes them to be motivated and be inspired. The meetings will happen numerous times within a week. Members who have busy schedules aren’t obliged to go to the meeting, yet they are asked to attend as many meetings as if their schedule permits them to. No charges are required in these meetings. Alternatively, the group is open to take donations from fellow members to help other communities and programs.